Project Seminar in Socioeconomics I + II
Project in Socioeconomics I + II
(Sozialökonomisches Projektseminar I + II), Master (Socioeconomics)
SoSe Seminar I: 5 ECTS, WiSe Seminar II: 10 ECTS
Compulsory course for the Master of Socioeconomics
Course Title: Project in Social Economics I + II
Course Type: Master Seminar
Offered: Starts annually in the Summer Semester with Part II continuing in the Winter Semester
Length: 2 Semesters
Contact Person: Sebastian Ach
Content: Implementation of an empirical research project in small groups
Topic in SS 2023 + WS 2023/24: “Soziale und wirtschaftliche Auswirkungen des Jahrhunderthochwassers in Deutschland 2021“ (Social and Economic Impacts of the 2021 Flood of the Century in Germany)
Educational Objectives and Skills:
- The seminar aims on gaining information and knowledge about discrimination and its possible appearance in the public sector. The focus is set on two questions:
- Does discrimination in supply of public services exist? Which kinds of discrimination are possible and expected?
- Is it possible to identify factors influencing discrimination?
- Written elaboration and presentations (in Summer Semester)
- Final report (in Winter Semester)
The large part of the requirements consists of team work.
As accompanying methodological course, the module “Methods II: Topics in Empirical Research Methods” (Prof. Abraham) is highly recommended.
Relevant course information will be available on StudOn. Please register for the course in StudOn to directly receive emails from us and to access important course information via StudOn.