Study Area: Economic Policy
Economic Policy is an area of study at the economics department. This study area will be included in your diploma by studying 20 credits relating to this area ( → just international students who will graduate from Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg. The Economic Policy/diploma normally does not apply to visiting students, e.g. Erasmus).
Students of economics, business administration and business informatics already deal with state activity in the market economy in the lecture course Economy and Government (Wirtschaft und Staat). In addition to the courses in the core area of the major in economics, the study area offers the opportunity for an in-depth analysis of the economic policy activities of state authorities. The course is aimed at all interested students of the above courses and of Socioeconomics and International Business Studies. In order for the study area to be recognized on the transcript, (at least) 20 ECTS must be earned in its modules.
The modules of the study area can be freely combined and thus allow an individual focus according to one’s own interests. In addition, students of Socioeconomics and International Business Studies have the opportunity to take courses such as Economy and Government (Wirtschaft und Staat) which used to be offered only in the compulsory area, but which provide important preliminary knowledge for the other specializations of Economic Policy.
You can read about the full range of courses offered in the Economic Policy study area in the current module handbook.
Contact person for Economic Policy study area: Sebastian Ach, M.Sc.
|Winter Term||Summer Term|
|* If this module is compulsory module in your degree program, it will not be eligible for economic policy.|
- Chair of Economics, esp. Labour and Regional Economics (Prof. Dr. Claus Schnabel)
- Chair of Economics, esp. Empirical Microeconomics (Prof. Dr. Gesine Stephan)
- Chair of Economics, esp. Public Finance (Prof. Dr. Thiess Büttner)
- Chair of Economics, esp. Macroeconomics (Prof. Dr. Christian Merkl)
- Chair of Social Policy (Prof. Dr. Matthias Wrede)
- Chair of Statistics and Empirical Economics (Prof. Regina T. Riphahn, Ph.D.)
- Chair of Economics, esp. Economic Policy (Prof. Dr. Johannes Rincke)
- Chair of Economics, esp. Economic Theory (Prof. Dr. Veronika Grimm)
- Chair of Gesundheitsökonomie (Prof. Dr. Harald Tauchmann)
- Chair of Corporate Sustainability Management (Prof. Dr. Beckmann)
- Chair of industrial management (Prof. Dr. Kai-Ingo Vogt)
- Chair of Industrial Organization and Energy Markets (Prof. Dr. Gregor Zöttl)
Research Facilities at the Department
News about Economic Policy